The built in bespoke PHR (Personal Health Record) software that is at the heart of every MEkey device is simple to use for the user and emergency service personnel, and is also light on PC resources.
Not only does the MEkey hold your emergency contact and medical information, but it can also be used as a secure usb data storage device utilising the inbuilt file encryption routine.
Below are some sample screen shots of the phr software in action.
Main 'Public Screen'
Above is the main 'Public Screen' This is the screen that will be available to any first responders who plug your MEkey into a computer. The are no pressing of buttons, everything is available on one screen. As you can see it displays automatically* several key areas of information, including:
- Personal Details
- Emergency Contacts
- Travel Insurance Details (insurance company, policy number, emergency phone number)
- EHIC Details (European Health Insurance Card - the replacement for the old E111)
- Current Medications
- Blood Group
- Organ Donor Status
- Doctors Contact Information
Access to any of the other features of the MEkey require your unique password to be entered.
Personal Data Edit Screen
This is the screen where you enter all the key information about yourself eg. name, year of birth, emergency contact etc. You can add as much or as little information as you feel comfortable with.
Once you have finished - click save and exit and the information is encrypted and displayed on the 'Public Screen'
Medical Data Edit Screen
The Medical Data screen is where all medical conditions, allergies, medications are entered along with your blood group and organ donor status.
Again this is a simple secure 'point and click' form. Once everything has been entered, just click 'save & exit' to encrypt the data and display it on the 'Public Screen'
File Management Screen
The advance file management screen allows you to upload files to the MEkey, encrypt files to store them securely, decrypt files for opening, delete files, open files and save files to the local PC.
Once a file is uploaded you can highlight it and then encrypt it. Encrypting a file makes it virtually impossible for anyone except the owner to access it.
Files for travellers might include for example:
- full travel insurance policy
- vehicle documents (V5 vehicle registration, mot certificate, motor insurance policy)
- vehicle manual
- copy of your passport
- copy of your driving licence
- copies of any tickets
- letters to loved ones (if the worst happens)
- plus copies of any other document you might need
NEW FOR V1.2 (current release)
- Addition of a full free text more information option. This is useful for adding even more information like, full medical history, vaccinations and dates, plus any other general emergency information.
- Ability to print the more information